Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A little deeper...

To everyone who read my first post yesterday, thanks!
Today I figured I would give you a little more insight into my life because that's what blogs are for, are they not?

I'm 28 years old working in the booming oil and gas industry in Calgary. Its a'ight. Nothing to really write home about though. When I was younger I always looked up to my Mom, who was a big mover and shaker in the oil world (or at least thats what I thought when I was a kid) so part of my dream career was to wear business suits and sit behind a big desk, attend important meetings and come home and discuss aquisitions and mergers over cocktails with my husband while our two children quietly read with the nanny in the next room a la Mary Poppins.



In reality, I sit at a cubicle (although with a window), shlep to work entirely too early to enjoy cocktails during the week, attend meetings only to document them and I have never owned a business suit. My long time boyfriend just became my finace and the only child we have is an special needs, overactive American Bulldog who has a script for xanex. Picture perfect, it is not. Although, I dont mind the view.


My fiance is Ryan. Hes a man's man. Hes hilarious and kind and spends his day outside and often smells like dirt and I love it. The real kicker though is that he wants to spend his whole life with me because the silly boy loves me and when he finally asked last Christmas, I was floored and relieved. 



So now we (and I mean me) are planning our wedding for next May in Mexico. Do I love weddings? Yes! Do I love the idea of love, being in love and all things romantic? YES! Do I want to plan a wedding? HELL NO! So since we got engaged, we've been going back and forth with my nutty ideas of what to do, until my darling sisters stepped in a made the decision for us. I love em' for it!



I promise this will be the last 'get to know me' post and the next one will be something much more entertaining!

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me?! Reading about you is fantastic!!! I love your blog and your only two in!! Keep it up Jess you're doing great xo

    ReplyDelete