Thursday, September 12, 2013

A few of my favorite things

Hey everyone!

Since Thursday is my favorite day of the week, I thought I would do a list of my top 5 favorite things as of today. Anyone who knows me well knows that my favorite anything changes almost on the daily, so I'm sure this will become a weekly post. Lets count em' down, shall we?

5. Skulls and studs - I don't aim to dress like a biker and usually when I am wearing skulls, studs or a mix of both, I try to add something super girly into the mix, like hot pink, lace or a red lip. I'm not hard as F*** and I don't ever want to appear that way. Its not me, babe. I also try and find delicate little accents so it's not in your face. Today I have my mini skull rings and my favorite pair of blue suede studded smoking flats from Vancouver on. Yay!



4. Singing words - Ryan can attest to this as he is not quite a fan, but I love to sing everything I'm saying. I am by no means the next Whitney (although there is something to be said of my rendition of 'I will Always Love You') and I definitely don't do it to showcase my "talents". It's fun and makes you feel awesome and that's reason enough for me! I also think the dog prefers it because most of my made up songs are about him and we dance around the kitchen. This happens when Ryan isn't home. You know what they say about keeping some elements of mystery in a relationship. 

3.  Avocado - I just can not get enough of that fatty green fruit. Its delish. When I grocery shop, I purposely pick avocados that are soft, harder and hardest so I know I will have a week's supply without spoiling any of them. I have actually become known at the avo-addict at work. I suppose if I was going to be referred to as an addict, avocado would be my preferred drug of choice.

2. Justin Timberlake - Does this really need an explanation? I think not!




1. Fake nails - I know what you're thinking, "Fake Nails? Girl, could you be more boughetto*?" But there's a reason! From my first post, you would have learned that I used to spend my time and money having acrylic perfectly sculpted to my nails to make me feel better about myself. These days, I will glue on my own to save time and money plus theres a new fad of having intricate little designs painted on your perfectly manicured nails, and I wanted to hop on that bandwagon. Only draw back, I keep my nails fairly short and I can barely paint them nicely, forget decorating them so I've found a happy medium. Claire's carries a more modern designed press-on that don't look terrible and at $8 a pack, you don't feel bad when you rip those babies off when you get bored. Plus, a little boughie behaviour is good once in awhile!




*Someone, usually a female, who wants to be bougie, but who is in reality ghetto according to Urban Dictionary

No comments:

Post a Comment